Our Recovery Care facility provides on-site accommodations for patients requiring an overnight or inpatient stay. If you will be staying with us overnight, the following list will help you prepare.
What to Bring
- We will provide hospital gowns, a robe and slippers. You are welcome to bring your own sleepwear and slippers.
- Your room will have a private bathroom supplied with body soap and shampoo. Curling irons, blow dryers and razors are NOT provided and should be brought with you along with any personal care items you prefer.
- Your room will have a telephone. You may want to bring a prepaid calling card if you plan on making long-distance calls. Cell phones may be used in your room, but we are not responsible for theft or damage to mobile or electronic devices brought onto the premises.
- Bring medications you are currently taking. Prescription medications must be in labeled containers.
- We encourage a family member or friend to stay with you during your recovery.
- A bed and continental breakfast are available for caregivers staying with you overnight.
- We will also provide your caregiver with a lunch or dinner at no charge.
- Nearby restaurants including some that provide delivery are listed at the nurses’ station. Our welcome desk staff can provide recommendations and directions.
- Visiting hours are 10:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily.
- Visitors should enter at the Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital drive-through on the southeast side of the building. Other entrances are locked at 6:00 p.m.
- Caregivers can stay with patients around the clock.
- For access outside visiting hours, caregivers can press the intercom button at the entrance.
For the health and safety of our patients, Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital maintains a smoke-free environment.
For your health and safety, we cannot permit you to drive yourself home. After your physician has released you, your nurse will help you plan when your driver should arrive at Recovery Care. For your comfort and security, we strongly advise that someone remain with you for the first few days after you return home.
Please read the Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital brochure for other important patient information.