Welcome to Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital. Our goal is to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Here’s what you should expect.
Valet parking is provided at the front entrance canopy Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. – 6 p.m. Please enter through the first set of double doors to register.
- Register with our staff.
- You will be taken to a pre-operative admitting area where we will review your health history, medications and procedure. We will also discuss anesthesia options. You’ll be given surgical attire to wear for your procedure.
- You will be taken to the operating room for your procedure.
- Caregivers should stay in the patient lobby throughout the procedure in case the surgeon, nurse or anesthesiologist needs to contact them. Caregivers who must leave should provide contact information at the welcome desk. If the patient is a minor, we ask that an adult caregiver remain in the building.
- After surgery is finished, the surgeon will meet with your caregiver in the consultation room.
- You will be taken to the post-anesthesia care unit for observation and recovery.
- Your caregiver will be informed of your progress.
- Our nurses will explain your individual recovery course to you and your caregiver.
- Before you’re released, you and a second responsible adult will be given at-home instructions to ensure your recovery. Please ask questions. Your recovery depends on following the at-home instructions strictly and completely.
- When you are released, a staff member will escort you to your vehicle.
- A nurse will call you to follow-up the day after your surgery.
- Call your surgeon if you have any immediate needs or concerns.
- Occasionally, surgery may be delayed due to circumstances beyond our control. If a delay should occur, we will keep you informed. Please make flexible plans for your surgery day.
- To ensure your safety, Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital adheres to Correct Site Surgery Policies. Several staff members will ask you to identify yourself, confirm the correct spelling of your name and verify your procedure throughout your stay with us.